How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Charlotte
Security cameras can solely be used as a hindrance—something that notifies burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Luckily, modern security cameras are outfitted with a plethora of features all built to provide total protection for your home. Whether it’s recording options and two-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these tools empower you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Charlotte.
How To Set Up Your Charlotte Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Placing your home security cameras at the optimal points around your residence is the first place to start with home security.. Interior security cameras work best when placed in frequented spots such as the living room or family room. It’s also a good notion to have a camera near main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to move around to access the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras should offer you a clear sightline of your porch, driveway, front and patio, shed, and other exterior separated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front porch through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your house that aren’t quite as important to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, placing a camera in the bedroom can reduce your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you desire a measure of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Security Cameras
Device placement is only the foundation for extracting the utmost from home security cameras in Charlotte. The features shown below help to elevate security and boost overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get instant notifications on your smart device whenever abnormal motion is sensed. You can also configure cameras to automatically start recording when movements are discovered which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your video surveillance to film and store clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of modern security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to speak to anyone through the unit. Via your security app, you can act like you’re home or welcome your kids as they get home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view determines how much a security camera can see, and provides a more exhaustive look at any space. Look for cameras that have at least 120-degree coverage or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your video surveillance are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will capture video of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the flexibility to guard single spots within your house.. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to notify you of movement happening on your yard or your porch and overlook traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera footage, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send up-to-date notifications when the sense unusual motion around your property.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Charlotte is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way audio, your security system rises from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (704) 980-0988 or fill out the form below to begin personalizing your security system today.