Who wouldn’t like to make their house more ”smart”? Have you heard about smart homes and wish to know more on how to modify your own property? This guide -- Home Automation 101 in Charlotte -- is intended to illustrate how you can utilize modern home security tools to make your life less of a challenge and more energy-efficient.
You will add home automation to a home security system with certainty, and allow your home's lights, locking systems, thermostat, and even more integrated features serve your needs.
What Is Home Automation In Charlotte?
If you already own or planning to purchase a house, chances are you’ve thought about the ensuing question: What is home automation in Charlotte? Essentially, home automation monitors and controls different devices in your property, so you no longer need to. You are able to prearrange things like lighting, door locks, and HVAC controls to act without you being physically present. For instance, you’ll no longer have to engage a switch to turn on a light or touch the dial near your furnace room to raise or lower the thermostat.
Automation offers a new level of functionality to your residence
Automation may be different in every home. For instance, you can set your components to operate according to a schedule that you create via your smart hub or mobile app. Or group devices together to create the ultimate ambience for movie night or for going to bed. Or have different devices take cues from one another so that your residence is adaptable to various situations. You also can control your integrated systems with spoken words if you link with a Google or Amazon speaker.
However, you have to have a properly equipped home automation package to enjoy advanced features like remote management, scene creation, and scheduling. Numerous homeowners enjoy the most success connecting smart home automation implements to their home security. Many security systems can already manage alarms and cameras via a centralized control panel or mobile security app. Adding in your automated lights, locks, and thermostat lets you administer everything in the same place. Additionally, utilizing your security system for your home automation has the added benefit of you only needing to master a single app for all of your connected systems.
Consider These Smart Home Ideas For Charlotte
You will find many helpful smart home ideas for your Charlotte property. Try these choices to experience another level of convenience and control you probably didn’t think was achievable:
- Smart light bulbs: Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and remembered that you neglected to turn the lights off in your primary living space? How would you like to tap your mobile device and lower them without leaving your bed? You could even set a fixed schedule and have them turn on at specified times to give the impression your property is occupied when you're on vacation. You might also set your smart lights to engage in the event your security cameras detect unexpected movements around your house.
- Smart locks: The questionable habit of putting a key underneath your welcome mat is thankfully no longer needed if you integrate smart locks. Provide each member of your family a customized code or you could deactivate your locks directly from your phone. In the event you have to permit entry to a neighbor while you're on vacation, create a limited-time code and get a smartphone update when the locks engage.
- Fire, flood, and CO detection: Know the instant an emergency happens with integrated fire, CO, and flood alarms. Review the condition of your components with your mobile device and then get warnings if a sensor is triggered. Set other devices to react to a triggered event, like having your exhaust fan start when your fire detectors activate. These important safety measures are even linked to your around-the-clock monitoring for additional protection.
- Surveillance systems: Your smart indoor and outdoor video cameras can provide a clear glimpse of your grounds or interior as often as you wish. Examine real-time video directly on your cell phone or keep video segments in your secure cloud server. Another preferred installation is a convenient doorbell camera, which lets you know when someone approaches. You can communicate via the 2-way talk feature and at the same time have your interior lights automatically turn on.
- Smart thermostats: You no longer have to manipulate your thermostat dial manually. As an alternative, program your smart thermostat to respond to your specific needs. For example, automatically decrease the temperature when you're away. Then you can have your system go up to a cozier temperature an hour or so before you return. In addition, you can utilize your smartphone app to check on the temperature anywhere and alter it accordingly.
The Many Benefits Of Smart Home Automation In Charlotte
So, is automation worth the trouble? Luckily, smart home automation provides more than simply an entertaining tool to control your lights from your smartphone. Learn how automation adds actual benefits to your hectic life.
- Protection: Home automation has clear and valuable security perks. Make your property look occupied while you're away with preprogrammed smart lights and view strangers with a video doorbell. Receive alerts and have your home illuminate when a motion sensor or alarm is set off. Smart door locks, cameras, and items like CO and fire detectors all promote an enhanced level of security for your residence.
- Reduce your stress: When using the scheduling feature, you’ll never need to think about turning off your lights or securing your entryways, as your system will do it for you. Check on your devices when you're on vacation, and manage almost all facets of your configuration from any location. Customize scenes like bed time that alter everything in the perfect manner to achieve the right illumination and temperature levels. You might even tell your Google or Amazon assistant on how you wish to have your interior and see your home react immediately.
- Reduce energy bills: A leading reason to implement automation is that it may lower your monthly bills. Let's face it, there are some folks in your family who neglect to do things like switch off lights. By putting your home’s lighting on a schedule, you will avoid using electricity at all hours. Decrease utility expenses by modifying the temperature for times when you're not home. Did you not remember to lower the A/C when you went on a trip? No problem, as you’re able to change it regardless of your location.
Want More Than Home Automation 101 In Charlotte?
If you are asking yourself, "how did I ever live without smart home automation previously," it may be time to speak with your security security specialists. We can show you what’s possible -- from smart locks to exterior surveillance -- and tailor the perfect system for you. Just reach out to (704) 980-0988 or submit the form below.